Ubuntu64-15.10 NeoLoader Firefox .torrent & ed2k associations

Twisel97
Site User

Ubuntu64-15.10 NeoLoader Firefox .torrent & ed2k associations

Postby Twisel97 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

How do I associate .torrent files and ed2k links in Firefox with NeoLoader?

I have tried associating them with the executable /opt/NeoLoader/NeoLoader in the settings of Firefox but they do not appear in NeoLoader when clicked.

They do work if I first download the .torrent file or copy & paste the ed2k link and enter them manually in the NeoLoader GUI one at a time.

any help much appreciated as I am looking to move over to NeoLoader from MLNET as MLNET development has stalled and I want to use a multi protocol split core / frontend system to handle my downloads.

Twisel

Twisel97
Site User

Re: Ubuntu64-15.10 NeoLoader Firefox .torrent & ed2k associations

Postby Twisel97 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Bumpity bump

Please can anyone help me with this simple problem of associating NeoLoader with ed2k links and .torrent files in firefox?

am I associating with the wrong executable and should be associating with Neokad or emulekad instead?

possibly by adding a symlink to the NeoLoader executable in usr/bin (though that doesn't use the correct working directory)?

or adding an executable script? (there is one such for mlnet to handle .torrent files but it is quite complex and beyond my understanding)

I am quite keen to get NeoLoader working in Ubuntu but am concerned about the lack of help files for NeoLoader or the volume of activity in the support forum.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu64-15.10 NeoLoader Firefox .torrent & ed2k associations

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm not sure how to do that properly under linux, for windows i added a simple check box.

Return to “Support”