magnet links, GUI improvements, searching, history

Zebra
Site User

Postby Zebra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:03 pm

You can currently create a magnet only if you have a torrent hash for that file.
Creating magnets form files shared only on ed2k is not intended, as than you can just create a ed2k link.

Also you can always create a NeoLink which is a magnet with some additions.

What is wrong with ed2k magnet links? Why don't make one common link standard for all P2P protocols? At least please accept incorrect "urn:ed2khash" magnets...

The download speed doesn't depend on the network you're using, in fact eDonkey/Kad should be faster than BitTorrent because of its sophisticated credit/queue system. The whole idea of BitTorrent network is sick: 2 identical files have different hashes! BT is not searchable by itself, I don't count external network like NeoShare. Multifiles (?) - use .zip archives, or .emulecollections! There is a similar thing for .emulecollections - metalinks, why it's not used in any P2P program? I hope the guy who invented BitTorrent will die with pain...

Why people are so brainless? Why the worst ever filesharing network is the most popular, while such awesome network(s) like Gnutella(with DHT) with no central servers, normal hashing (no, different hashes for identical files aren't normal), integrated search and variable piece size is dying?

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 am

Zebra wrote:The download speed doesn't depend on the network you're using, in fact eDonkey/Kad should be faster than BitTorrent because of its sophisticated credit/queue system. The whole idea of BitTorrent network is sick: 2 identical files have different hashes! BT is not searchable by itself, I don't count external network like NeoShare. Multifiles (?) - use .zip archives, or .emulecollections! There is a similar thing for .emulecollections - metalinks, why it's not used in any P2P program? I hope the guy who invented BitTorrent will die with pain...

Why people are so brainless? Why the worst ever filesharing network is the most popular, while such awesome network(s) like Gnutella(with DHT) with no central servers, normal hashing (no, different hashes for identical files aren't normal), integrated search and variable piece size is dying?

Yes, the download speed depends also from the network that you're using. I can tell you stupid example that is: Download the file X from BitTorrent and from ed2k, tell me which is faster. But by the way I expalin you why it is faster:
- Torrent doesn't have the credit/queque system (and no, emule's system is not sophisticated at all lol)
- Torrent doesn't have the 3kb/s slot limit
- Torrent doesn't need to transfer 9 Mb before another peer can start uploading datas
- Using well know BT websites searching a torrent u have more information, know the release of new files and fakes are very rare

Why should I use .zip archives ? With multifile people can choose what they want download and what not.
Why should I use .emulecollection ? I don't want to share an additional file for share a discography for example.
Why people are so brainless? They aren't, they just don't want to wait days with PC on to download something while can be downloaded in some minutes with another software...

For the reasons above it is obviously diying.

Would you like to talk also about that most of the torrent clients work on any platform, even android while the only emule's alternative its aMule ?

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:51 pm

What is wrong with ed2k magnet links?

emule dont support it those no one will use it

Why don't make one common link standard for all P2P protocols?

I did its a Neo link :D

Practically the only difference between a neo link and a extended magnet link is that it has the link.neoloader.to perpended

At least please accept incorrect "urn:ed2khash" magnets...

no particular reason, i can ad that to the next release, i did not knew shareaza does that

The download speed doesn't depend on the network you're using, in fact eDonkey/Kad should be faster than BitTorrent because of its sophisticated credit/queue system

The credit/queue system is everything but sophisticated, it is a fucked up attempt to leech of casual users and keep the gross of the upload bandwidth for the elite that can afford to run their donkeys 24/7!

The whole idea of BitTorrent network is sick: 2 identical files have different hashes!

That is indeed sick for a filesharing system, but actually its very smart for a content distribution system and, well BT was not designed for filesharing but for content distribution.

BT is not searchable by itself, I don't count external network like NeoShare.

Technically speaking eMules kad is to the same extent a external network to ed2k, as neokad is to bittorent.

Multifiles (?) - use .zip archives,

zip is a shit if you want to share your music collection, as than you need to have you music twice on your HDD, once as zip and once in a usable for you format.
With a torrent you can share each album or each discography as a multifile without the need to waste HDD space.

There is a similar thing for .emulecollections - metalinks, why it's not used in any P2P program?

metalinks?
Live free or die trying!

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:44 pm

i added support for magnets that use "ed2khash"
and i added aich hash to magnets
Live free or die trying!

Zebra
Site User

Postby Zebra » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Incoming Folder & Sorting

Alphabetical sorting is still not working properly:
1. Folders beginning by a number.
2. Files beginning with numbers.
3. The rest of folders.
4. The rest of files.
Of course folders should be first, files later.

I have 3 files (file1, file2, file3) in incoming folder and I have somewhere folders "music" and "books", NeoLoader will show: books, file1, file2, file3, music. I want it to show: books, incoming, music.
anyone to second that request?

It's unintuitive. In eMule you can display "All files" one-by-one, or files in catalogs (folder tree); Shareaza for example displays files in catalogs. But your program displays catalogs, AND files from Incoming folder! Incoming folder should be treated as any other folder (and pinned to the top of list and expanded if no other folders exists), am I right?

Return to “Support”