Update from 0.41f to 0.52 without losing files

natk
Site User

Update from 0.41f to 0.52 without losing files

Postby natk » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:47 pm

I got rather behind on my updates ( :roll: ), and am still running 0.41f. Do I need to do anything before installing 0.52 to keep the progress I currently have on some large files, or will this happen seamlessly?

Thanks in advance.

OwenBurnett
Site User

Re: Update from 0.41f to 0.52 without losing files

Postby OwenBurnett » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 pm

First of all, start making a backup copy of your NeoLoader folder, expecially the config folder that in the version 0.41f should be under the NeoLoader's one is really important, and your Temp/Incoming folders.

I do not remember if there's the auto updater into the 0.41f, if so, when you did the backup try to auto-update it running NeoSetup.exe (it should be inside NeoLoader folder).
If this feature was not avaible, sorry I don't remember (if there's not NeoSetup.exe, it's not... but it should be avaible I remember it got added at the very beginning) make a clean installation, set the previus incoming/temp folders and copy the filelist.xml into the new installation.

Sorry if this post is too chaotic, I replied quickly because I am busy.
I won a chess game against David Xanatos :D

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Emm.... neo loader updates are intended to be incremental, so code to import very old files is being successfully removed after a few months/years.

you should definetly do a full backup of your current configuraiton and than try to do a clean install and than move your filelist.xml and the NeoCore.ini file to the new installation.

OwenBurnett
Site User

Postby OwenBurnett » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:21 pm

mhhh... I think there were a lot of changes in the neocore from the 0.41, since he's doing a clean install I think is better to not copy it. Make a backup, but personally I would try to choose manually the Incoming-Temp directories during the new installation and then copy the filelist.xml, restart and check if everything is working. If not, try to re-install copying both neoloader.ini and filelist.xml before the first startup.

I would avoid to use the old neocore to avoid strange/uncommon problems due to the new settings that was not avaible in 0.41.
I won a chess game against David Xanatos :D

Return to “Support”