0.40 Bugs

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am

Neo26 wrote:Yes they're, when an user delete/remove the main folder of the multifile it expect that all the subfolder, even including completed files are removed. Is obvious, the 2nd attemp for delete the already completed files, that in the 90% case of multi torrrent are useless, is a wasting of time.
Regarding the #4 is obvious that if I remove a file, his empty folder in incoming should be deleted as well, and not that I have to do it manually.

#3 is intended behavior, as I explained to you a user must have the option to delete a torrent without at the same time deleting the subfiles.
only because you don't want to do that does not mean that other users also don't want this functionality.

EDIT: an option would be to add an additional Message box asking the user upon removal of a multifile if he wants to kill only the multifile or also all its subfiles

#4 is since a long time a known low priority bug.
EDIT: will be fixed in next release

>Change your priorities.
No, as i explained TCP traffic can only be guessed, it can not be measured without a patch to the operating systems IP stack (an no on is going to do that).
The current guess seams to be mostly of by not more than 10% in normal cases, only when packet drop goes up doe to a overloaded connection the estimation error gets bigger.
And as explained above there is no reasonable way to get the packet drop stats from the OS.

>They don't require it, the problem is in neoloader.
I will test that.
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:50 am

Write some examples of when this feature deleting multi file is useful.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:58 am

Neo26 wrote:Write some examples of when this feature deleting multi file is useful.

When you are a releaser and you want to release a just on air CC licensed season of a TV series (like PIONEER ONE an original dramatic series for VODO. for example) you have a directory with episodes 1-5 and make a multi-file out of it and share as torrent.
Than episode 6 gets released, so you add the new episode to your PioneerOne directory rescan the share.
Then use the remove multi-file option to kill the multi-file without killing the sub files and you create a new multi file now of all 1-6 episodes, and each week you repeat the process until the season is complete.

David X.
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

If I modify a multifile why should I remove the uncumplete files of this one ?

About the overhead in the best case is ~10-15% so it should be improved, it can go in low priority when it is around 5-10% USUALLY-OFTEN.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 am

Neo26 wrote:If I modify a multifile why should I remove the uncumplete files of this one ?

In the above sample you are a releaser you don't have incomplete files in that particular multifile.

You can only create a usable multi file out of complete files.

Neo26 wrote:About the overhead in the best case is ~10-15% so it should be improved, it can go in low priority when it is around 5-10% USUALLY-OFTEN.
It will stay low priority as it is, as I already explained its all a guesswork it is as good as it gets...
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 am

The feature that I'm talking about include the incomplete files, because you said that the first attempt to delete will remove only the incomplete file, so I still don't have an example of the utility regarding this feature.

This "guesswork" should be improved a bit, as the network traffic is the main part of every p2p client, his measuring can't be a low priority.

If you just care about hosters then make a NeoHosterDownloader without the torrent/ed2k side.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Neo26 wrote:The feature that I'm talking about include the incomplete files, because you said that the first attempt to delete will remove only the incomplete file, so I still don't have an example of the utility regarding this feature.

For that an example would be you add a torrent with 10 files you want only 2 of them, so you set all other 8 files on halted and wait until the download of the 2 files finishes, than you simply remove the torrent removing all 8 incomplete files you are not interested in living you only with the 2 you wanted to download in the first place.

This "guesswork" should be improved a bit, as the network traffic is the main part of every p2p client, his measuring can't be a low priority.

This "guesswork" is already better then in eMule, eMule does not take IP overhead into account at all.
And it is roughly as good as in NeoMule.

this must be good enough.

David X.
Live free or die trying!

enOehTsIsihT
Site User

Postby enOehTsIsihT » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:00 pm

When neoloader downloads test file(multi)by neoshare ,neokad crashes.

When neoloader uploads test file(multi) by neoshare ,neokad crashes.

Attachments
NeoKad_星期三 十月 16 00_51_48 2013.7z
(14.17 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
NeoKad_週三 十月 16 00_55_08 2013.7z
(10.97 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
NeoKad_週三 十月 16 00_53_49 2013.7z
(11.16 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
NeoKad_週三 十月 16 00_51_39 2013.7z
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
NeoKad_星期三 十月 16 00_47_00 2013.7z
(14.14 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

enOehTsIsihT
Site User

Postby enOehTsIsihT » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 am

trayicon bug

clip0122.7z (158 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!kwM0SJYI!EfmTLT4rJBTnqx87Lja3mQbuKXxq28NbnhPOkgalITM
clip0121.7z (164 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!Yo0XnBIT!UBJGGhMna46ULp-Lid4AjnqpPudRAab1qmyY6Z8XqX4

hoster bug

arch's color is gray. It doesn't have aich.

It can hash at the first time,but it can not hash after the first time.

When neoloader adds link to download, neoloader can't check the file that has downloaded or not .

clip0126.7z (699 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!VwUCTCyR!WjeuL0IDN-SC3OH7eD-onBSnG1ZWR1QdlOn9pCVxrrc

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 am

For that an example would be you add a torrent with 10 files you want only 2 of them, so you set all other 8 files on halted and wait until the download of the 2 files finishes, than you simply remove the torrent removing all 8 incomplete files you are not interested in living you only with the 2 you wanted to download in the first place.

And as manually halted the other 8 should be manually removed as well, why if I don't want download them should I wait the end of download to be able to remove them using that system ? And if I want keep 1 handled to download it later maybe ?
I think that the choose of the main folder is clear that all the subfiles are affected, like the choose of a single subfolder or a single file, not depending on their status complete or not, if you want support that kind of managing (Be able to download only X files on a total of Y in the multi file) it should be handled correctly not bypassed with useless and boring features like that.

About overhead, if eMule suxxx we are not authorized to ignore the problem as you want do.

Return to “Bugs”