0.41 Bugs

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:00 pm

The next release 0.42a will contain a lot of bug fixes and a fully reworked hashing policy, but this will take some more days, don't think there was no progress in the last weeks its just a lot of to change and cant be released partially.
A 0.42a will be available this year at least as beta download.

The new hashing scheme should not only resolve all the current hashing bugs, but also add new abilities,
like the possibility to assotiate more than one torrent into hash with a file allowing to download one and the same file from multiple singlefile torrents.

Happy holidays
David X.
Live free or die trying!

abel
Site User

Postby abel » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:37 pm

DavidXanatos wrote:I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't try any size of the window after adding something new, Qt usually takes care of that automatically, in this case its a custom control and that failed.
As you remember last time you reported such problems it was the same GUI part.
I don't fiddle around with all possible window sizes instead I relay on testers to report such minor glitches.

Thanks fpr reporting will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers
David X.

And this is the result: for the third time, the control is untested.

Again: this is the wrong way.

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:50 pm

@abel: I don't have any UI "glitch" in summary windows. Regarding the columms sizes I'm preparing a better default .ini.

abel
Site User

Postby abel » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:08 pm

"I don't have" means that you have tested the GUI on a 14'' monitor with OS XP?

better for who ? based on what criteria? Have you established a minimum size of GUI from which all controls must be visible and have no glitch?

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:24 pm

"better" in general, with filename not short as progressbar for example, so each columm contain his value with a logic not random columm sizes.
I think is boring for the new user if he probably need to change the size of each columm manually.

Did you said that is reproducable only on 14'' monitor ? Didn't knew. I'm sure it will be fixed, anyway don't be angry for that, is just an UI glitch on a monitor size that is not pupular since 10 years. Until yesterday it was crashing on every complete torrent, I think that this was more important...

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am

Thats the smallest I can make the window on my screen, and for that Mather its the smallest you can make the window on any screen with a resolution bigger than hat.
Qt disallows resizing below the minimum size for each widget, that is except the screen is so small that it wouldn't fit otherwise!

Also the client is not tested on windows XP its not a officially supported platform so to say, we also have issues with P3 CPU's due to them lacking some SSE instructions the default Qt Build needs.
Live free or die trying!

enOehTsIsihT
Site User

Postby enOehTsIsihT » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:32 pm

mega bug

1.Neoloader can't display size(downloaded).
2.Neoloader can't download two files from mega at the same time.
3.If file is .7z ,neoloader can't display progress.
4.After stopping download,neolaoder can't save progress.

test link
clip0356.7z 11.1 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!BoFSkBqC!OzuNQSX6KUQdMuVRwAWQaQD-PchEHW_jCbhtEqDz2nA
wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256 3.32 GB
https://mega.co.nz/#!dpMG2Qzb!KypjBkBbFVKW1DkgAEhzqz3gv4dVnyea8giplWAeOgU

video
videobam
Fast, Free Video Hosting & Video Sharing - VideoBam
mega
clip0426.7z 883 KB
https://mega.co.nz/#!FltmzBzL!RyAQ13twasvZOuX1GYD5oFZTaR0vA6PzjpHbnHuuNjU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completing bug is still exist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some questions about the funtion(add source).
How can i use the funtion?
I add http(direct link),and then it can' work.
Can neoloader download http(direct link)?

abel
Site User

Postby abel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 am

Neo26 wrote:on a monitor size that is not pupular since 10 years.

10 is a random number?
here you can see the spread of XP and 1024*768 res, tipically used on 14'' or notebooks or tablet.

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
W3Counter - Global Web Stats

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Is my personal experience, I don't know how those sites make their stats and how accurated are them.

I think their totally uselss, each website have different values, for example the browser statistic posted here are totally different Browser Statistics

The last 14'' monitor with xp that I used was surely more than 10 years ago. Then the smallest monitor that I seen was mine 17'', the most spread instead was 19''.

abel
Site User

Postby abel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Neo26 wrote:I think their totally uselss, each website have different values, for example the browser statistic posted here are totally different Browser Statistics

no one here has talked about the browser statistics, but OS and screen size/res.
In fact, this site also confirms "my" statistics:
XP is the second OS most used, and the monitors 14/15'' (1024*768 <= res <= 1366*768) are about 1/3 of the total.
OS Statistics
Browser Display Statistics

Therefore, in my opinion, neoloader must support this "target" and pass all the tests over it before being published.
Otherwise you should write "NeoLoader is available for all major platforms, Windows > XP, etc..."

Return to “Bugs”