0.49 Bugs

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Continuer wrote:

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:[color="#FF0000"]btih[/color]:2dd45004684b8e1288d806b77191fd72ffce0892&xt=urn:[color="#0000FF"]ed2k[/color]:b8f2989ac52c7893de4e7e600a814c3d&tr.0=http://tracker.ktxp.com:6868/announce&tr.1=udp://tracker.ktxp.com:6868/announce

I download files those have both btih&ed2k hash via magnet like above.
After I try to switch between BT and eMule Network protocol, NL Crashed

dump file attached
[ATTACH]646[/ATTACH]

fixed in next beta, by delaying operation until torrent meta data are got

//bug list up to date
Live free or die trying!

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Continuer wrote:Neoloader crash when I creat torrent of a folder that is already in bittorrent network
then NL crash again and again in the process of restarting it.
[ATTACH]644[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]645[/ATTACH]

test if it works with the 0.50 beta should be fixed
Live free or die trying!

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:22 pm

enOehTsIsihT wrote:4.
preview bug

clip0506.7z 1.5 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!ghE3DRyA!MTjTcHs-pjfmJ2NXsWNq5y25C9ynBRu_3w0uoO2ddLo

This is not a bug.

Its intended behavioure, the player does not get the file path on HDD but instead a URL to neos webserver and pays it from there, neo answers the range requests when seeking and adapts its part request schedule accordingly. To do that neo does not answer the range request untill the needed section have been downloaded.

So far so good, if the file is stopped the section will never be downloaded and so the player is locked for ever.

Now it does not look soo great to the user thats true, I could do
1. start file is user hits play if its incomplete
2. when streaming interface is started tell it if the file is started or not, and if its not break the connection when a not available range gets requested

any ideas?

PS: can you give me a list of player software other than VLC that neo should support by default?
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:03 am

PS: can you give me a list of player software other than VLC that neo should support by default?

Actually no one IMHO, there are other problems that comes first and as far I know, VLC is the best player out there so I don't see any reason to support others/many players. If other players doesn't support that kind of stream or if they crash reproducing a file that is not complete yet is not a big deal, get VLC or use the built in player. Actually the time is limited and we should focus on other things instead of support many players...

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:04 am

Neo26 wrote:Actually no one IMHO, there are other problems that comes first and as far I know, VLC is the best player out there so I don't see any reason to support others/many players. If other players doesn't support that kind of stream or if they crash reproducing a file that is not complete yet is not a big deal, get VLC or use the built in player. Actually the time is limited and we should focus on other things instead of support many players...

that would be next to no work, just that the drop down list has more entried and finds the players path on HDD automatically if installed in players default location
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 am

Add an autodetect for VLC player, I still don't see why we should support other players if they have problems with preview feature.

enOehTsIsihT
Site User

Postby enOehTsIsihT » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:37 pm

DavidXanatos wrote:This is not a bug.

Its intended behavioure, the player does not get the file path on HDD but instead a URL to neos webserver and pays it from there, neo answers the range requests when seeking and adapts its part request schedule accordingly. To do that neo does not answer the range request untill the needed section have been downloaded.

So far so good, if the file is stopped the section will never be downloaded and so the player is locked for ever.

Now it does not look soo great to the user thats true, I could do
1. start file is user hits play if its incomplete
2. when streaming interface is started tell it if the file is started or not, and if its not break the connection when a not available range gets requested

any ideas?

Sorry, I don't have any good idea for that now.

---------------------------
IDLE BUG doesn't be fixed.
clip0514.7z 468 KB
https://mega.co.nz/#!okkFkZLD!qU-Va1wWL760fXaidP37yO2kRiFatFPVkE3oH5A9I1s

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Just to be sure... is the neo in question and the emule running behind the same NAT?
or are they running on completely different IP adresses?
Live free or die trying!

enOehTsIsihT
Site User

Postby enOehTsIsihT » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:15 am

DavidXanatos wrote:Just to be sure... is the neo in question and the emule running behind the same NAT?
or are they running on completely different IP adresses?

They are running in the same computer.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 am

enOehTsIsihT wrote:They are running in the same computer.

I think this will be the problem, the IP used iirc is not some 192.168.*.* but the extern IP of the router.

As I was testing that issue here I noticed that if I run the test with the extern IP the connection srops after a few packets and WireShark reports some retransmission attempts. (did not mater if 1 PC or 2 PC's as long as they booth ware behind the same NAT)
Repeating the test with the LAN IP worked just fine.

Long Story short: its a routing problem of the NAT not a Neo specific issue I think.

Whan tappens if you repeat the test with 2 eMules? it should fail as well....
Live free or die trying!

Return to “Bugs”