NeoLoader for DD-WRT?

erichm101
Site User

NeoLoader for DD-WRT?

Postby erichm101 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Is there any NeoLoader ported to DD-WRT? I think it would be great to run NeoLoader on DD-WRT router.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi,
DD-WRT, no as there is to my knowledge no Qt port for DD-WRT,

about how about a Raspberry Pi?

There is a QT port for that and therefor it should be just a Mather of some work to port NeoLoader to that platform.
Live free or die trying!

erichm101
Site User

Postby erichm101 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:16 pm

DavidXanatos wrote:Hi,
DD-WRT, no as there is to my knowledge no Qt port for DD-WRT,

about how about a Raspberry Pi?

There is a QT port for that and therefor it should be just a Mather of some work to port NeoLoader to that platform.

HI,
IIRC, there is a BT application for DD-WRT called TRANSMISSION.
I know little about DD-WRT developing. I asked for DD-WRT port because I thought the client part (run in background) and the UI part can be seperated for NeoLoader. If, by design, NeoLoader does not seperate client and UI (both rely on Qt), then it might be impossible for a DD-WRT port.

Thanx for your effort.

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:29 pm

I think that we have enough problems on Windows and many more with Linux, we should solve them before support another platform.

Just my opinion... bye.

erichm101
Site User

Postby erichm101 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:41 pm

HI,
IMHO, DD-WRT can be an opportunity for NeoLoader to gain more user base. There are plenty emule and bt client applications for Windows and Linux. Many current bt and emule users do not have the pressure or incentives to switch to NeoLoader. AFAIK, DD-WRT only have TRANSMISSION and Amule. It maybe a good chance.

Of course, developing and programming is never easy task. I just want to share my two cents opinion for you to consider.

Cheers.

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 am

We really appreciate your opinion and we consider it for sure, but I think it can't be done at the moment.

The reason is that there are many things to do (improve queque system, better UI etc.), many bugs to fix on windows (http://board.neoloader.com/bugs/3340-know-bugs-continuously-updated.html), the linux ver that crash on startup on my distro and I don't know other linux testers, and no testers for MAC as well (me neither). Once those problems are gone, it will be a chance, so why not.

In that scenario, the free time of developer is very limited, that's why I think that we should support this platform (yet ;) )

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your suggestion.
Please give us a feedback if you tried the client in win/linux/mac and tell us if you encountered any bug that is not in list or if you have any suggestion :)

newmax
Site User

Postby newmax » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi, much better openwrt with web gui... we hope in the future ;)

Return to “Feature Requests”