Is there any way to import parts to downloading files in NeoLoader?

Continuer
Site User

Is there any way to import parts to downloading files in NeoLoader?

Postby Continuer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:02 am

When you download some files in eMule, you can right-click the donwloading file>Context Menu->Select "Import parts to file..."->Choose the file's parts to import into uncompleted files.
I don't find the similar feature in NL, maybe I missed it, if so, anybody could tell me how to import parts to file.

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:31 am

You cannot import parts iirc. But you can import downloads from eMule.

On top/left there's a button with a frog called "add torrent/container". Click on it, and choose the *.met file from eMule to import the download.

Continuer
Site User

Postby Continuer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:45 am

Yup, I have found how to import *.met file from this thread
http://board.neoloader.com/support/3334-import-emule-download.html
But it's not the feature I want

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:51 am

I don't use eMule since a lot of time but this feature is from MorphXT right? Anyway let's see what david think about that, this feature rarelly could be useful IMHO... but it could be ;)

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Neo26 wrote:I don't use eMule since a lot of time but this feature is from MorphXT right? Anyway let's see what david think about that, this feature rarelly could be useful IMHO... but it could be ;)

?§$%&!!!!!
This feature is from a codder called SR13 and morph implemented it like many other mods.

Why would you want it?
Live free or die trying!

Continuer
Site User

Postby Continuer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:27 am

emm~~There’s an other useful feature that I think Neoloader should have, Maybe David and Neo26 have heard it before.

[quote]For torrents created with BitComet, if at the creation time of the .torrent file the option â€

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:44 am

Why would you want it?

Ask @continuer, I didn't request that feature. Is useful in some rare cases when you have missing parts of a rare download already completed with a mule. Or if you started the download from 0% because you forgot to import it from mule, you downloaded already something, and you can add missing parts from mule. Expecially for rare files. But IMHO that's a really rare situation when it comes useful.

No I didn't know this BitComet feature. If it allow us to get ed2k sources from a torrent while downloading, its really useful! If it does something else, I dunno :P

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:17 pm

For torrents created with other torrent maker applications, as soon as the first BitComet peer from a swarm will finish downloading the torrent, it will calculate the eMule hashes for each file of the torrent and make them available to other BitComet peers who may be searching for eDonkey links for that torrent, through the DHT Network. From that point on, every BitComet peer of the swarm should be able to search the DHT Network and retrieve the ED2K links for that task and then search for those files into the eDonkey/Kad Networks, as well.

thats exactly what NeoLoader does with its own NeoKad network.

Since Bitcoment is closed source, i don't think they will make their DHT extension public such that an other client will be able to querry their hash associations.

David X.
Live free or die trying!

Continuer
Site User

Postby Continuer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:06 am

thats exactly what NeoLoader does with its own NeoKad network.

Since Bitcoment is closed source, i don't think they will make their DHT extension public such that an other client will be able to querry their hash associations.

David X.
Good Job, now I know a new feature implemented by NeoKad network.The similar feature of BitComet is closed source and useless to NL

The actual feature I want is Quote 1
For torrents created with BitComet, if at the creation time of the .torrent file the option ”Calculate ED2K link for each file” was enabled (which is its default state) then an “ed2k” key containing an 128 bit eMule hash will be calculated and included into the info dictionary of the .torrent file, for each file of the torrent.
That way, any BitComet peer when decoding the .torrent file will also learn the eMule hashes for each file and thus will be able to search for those files into the eDonkey/Kad Networks.

NeoLoader can get the eD2k Hash included in the info dictionary of the .torrent file, then add the eD2k hash into "Details->Hashes" or magnet link.

Return to “Feature Requests”