Client Identification

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Our policy was try to give the better security by default and the middle is not...

I agree only if Low is the default.

Also an additional line between low and medium with Static Hash noSUI, No trackers would be nice.

abel
Site User

Postby abel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 pm

the question is not "what to choose in the wizard," but "if choose in the wizard."
In 1st wizard these choices do not make sense, because the user will not know the difference between the choices. Provide a choice "masked" by simple voice "Low / Medium / High" with default in the midlle is an acceptable trade-off, because the user can get to make the right choice without knowing anything about what happens under the hood (SUI, Tracker, userhash, etc.), or he can leave the default choice.
If the most experienced user does not want the SUI and does not want the tracker, he can disable in the settings. But the Wizards is for newbies. ;)

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 am

Ya I agree but as I said above:

Our policy was try to give the better security by default and the middle is not...

Probably also the slide in neoshare should be moved to the right...

Also an additional line between low and medium with Static Hash noSUI, No trackers would be nice.

esher
Site User

Postby esher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 am

21/10/2013 09:26 :21: Clients: NeoLoader Board - Startseite (79.xx.xx.xx), Banreason: Userhash changed

this is the verbose log of a freind emule client, zzul tra 2.6. i set random secure hash.

plus most of upload transfer is heading to [VeryCd]A1[CHN]xthame running emule 0.48 a xlbuild61. I set obfuscation to preferred.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 am

The hash should only be changed when i wasn't used for many hours,
but if you run it like that: you had emule running with its hash than closed it opened neo with its different hash -> BAM the other client takes this as hash change.

The upload is distributed randomly to all clients that ask for it, or at least it should be.
Live free or die trying!

Neo26
Site User

Postby Neo26 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am

And if there is something wrong in our hash system that make my ed2k stuck bug cuz other clients banned me ?

esher
Site User

Postby esher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 am

let me get this straight... assuming i got 2 internet connections, 1 running emule and the other NL, emule is running h24 7/7 and neomule is running whenever i need a torrent client, but i also import my other internet connection emule downloads to complete them faster (using a pendrive)...
i switched off NL yesterday night at 11.30 and reswitched it on 2 hours ago, then nl tried to contact ed2k sources for download i did not complete (as usual), but i cannot connect to my h24 7/7 emule client anymore cause of ban. is that intended?

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 am

No you would still find sources just did not successfully connect to them, as you explained it you dont get anything at all, also such a ban is gone after 2 h so your client should unstuck after 2h or break or running.
Live free or die trying!

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 am

esher wrote:let me get this straight... assuming i got 2 internet connections, 1 running emule and the other NL, emule is running h24 7/7 and neomule is running whenever i need a torrent client, but i also import my other internet connection emule downloads to complete them faster (using a pendrive)...
i switched off NL yesterday night at 11.30 and reswitched it on 2 hours ago, then nl tried to contact ed2k sources for download i did not complete (as usual), but i cannot connect to my h24 7/7 emule client anymore cause of ban. is that intended?

eMule tracks Userhash <-> IP:Port combos for 1 hour if it sees a cleint with the same IP:Port but a different hash it bans the IP for 2 hours
How long a break did you have between closing neo and opening it again?

Do you have 2 Internet connections on the same PC or on 2 machines?
Live free or die trying!

esher
Site User

Postby esher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 am

so... is my emule client (office internet connection) banning my NL client (home internet connection) for 2 hours every morning?

About 9 hours break. 2 machines.

Return to “Support”