Newbie questions

esher
Site User

Re: Newbie questions

Postby esher » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:44 am

im running nl in the same way(24/24 7/7), there are no troubles but the 3 cases i listed in the previous post + 1 i just noticed while downloading a torrent folder with a lot of miedum/small files, with ed2k global option share automatically on, core got unstable (massively - i couldnt even change settings in the meanwhile) i checked stats and ed2k was firewalled. i had to restart to fix.
and after restarting i just disabled ed2k auto share and keeping downloading those kind of torrents with no problems.

btw the question 24/24 was meant for OwenB. sorry, i'll try to be more precise next time.

@DavidX is it possible to disable neoshare autoshare, like i did with ed2k?

OwenBurnett
Site User

Postby OwenBurnett » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:56 am

Apparentely is not ready yet for an intensive use, but it will be. The problem is that dev's time is limited and our user base is limited as well, so it takes time :(

NL is not stable/mature like the other uT/ed2k clients yet.
I won a chess game against David Xanatos :D

esher
Site User

Postby esher » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 pm

btw disabling neoshare protocol and disabling neoshare on each file is making the whole thing more stable, for me atleast. i'm smoothly running 24/24 7/7 a.k.a intensive use.
cheers.

ps: even if enabled neoshare is not working, so...

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:39 am

there is no neo share auto share disabling, you can only dissable neoshare entierly.

KaiserCrab
Site User

Postby KaiserCrab » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:13 am

I don't know if I'm completely missing the point, but isn't Neoload's interface really... weird?

I made my first search and it returned a number of folders (documents, movies, audio, etc) describing file types. I click one to expand and as I'm browsing the list, I suddenly notice my network and disk usage shoot up and computer performance slow to a crawl. As I scratch my head trying to figure what's going on, I realize the ENTIRE folder has been added to my download list. WTF?

As of right now, I have yet to discover how one's supposed to expand folders without adding them to the download list. There is no option with a right click.

I also don't know what "scan shared files does". In fact, I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm sharing, and how to control that.

DavidXanatos
Site Admin

Postby DavidXanatos » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:15 pm

You dont double click to expand but use the plus sign next to the golder icon.

"scan shared files does" updated the list of shared files for exampel when you copyed som files into your shared folders or deleted some files neo wil notice that only on a restart or if you click that mutton

Return to “Support”